All Felt adult bicycles and bicycle frames (Road, Triathlon, Speed, MTB, Cruisers, Comfort), except Shot models, are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Shot model bicycles (Jump Shot, Straight Shot, Double Shot, Dual Shot) are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship for two (2) years from the date of original purchase. Warranty coverage on bicycle components and finish (excluding tires, tubes, and cables) extends for one (1) year from the date of original purchase, and warranty coverage of front suspension forks, rear shocks, brand name wheelsets, and some components will be covered by the warranty stated by their original manufacturers. This Warranty applies only to the original owner and does not transfer to subsequent owners.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Any damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including the results of fatigue. It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his or her bicycle before each and every ride.
- Any damage, failure, or loss caused by abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, failure to follow instructions or warnings in owner’s manual, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, including, but not limited to, stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics or other similar activities, or in any other manner for which the bicycle was not designed.
- Any bicycle or frameset purchased by mail order or via the internet.
- The original owner shall pay all labor charges connected with the repair or replacement of the frame. Cost of shipment or transportation to or from an authorized Felt dealer or Felt are specifically excluded and not covered by this Warranty.
- Assembly and adjustment of the frameset and component parts must be completed by an authorized Felt dealer or Felt or other outlets specifically authorized by Felt to distribute Felt bicycles. Framesets and/or bicycles that are not assembled and adjusted either by an authorized Felt dealer or Felt or other outlets specifically authorized by Felt are specifically excluded and not covered by this Warranty.
Useful Product Life Cycle
- Every Felt frameset has a useful life cycle. This useful life cycle is not the same as the Warranty period.
- This Warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the frame cannot be broken or will last forever. Bicycles and/or frames will not last forever. The length of the useful life cycle will vary depending on the type of frame, riding conditions, and care the bicycle receives.
- Competition, jumping, downhill racing, trick riding, trail riding, riding in severe conditions or climates, riding with heavy loads, or any other non-standard use can substantially shorten the useful product life cycle of a Felt frameset. Anyone or a combination of these conditions may result in an unpredictable failure of a Felt frameset that would not be covered by this Warranty.
- All Felt framesets should be periodically checked by an authorized Felt dealer for indications of potential failures including cracks, corrosion, dents, deformation, paint peeling, and any other indications of potential problems, inappropriate use, or abuse. These are important safety checks and very important to help prevent accidents, bodily injury to the rider, and shortened useful product life cycle of a Felt frameset.
- THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED BY THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
- FELT SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, DAMAGES OR EXPENSES IN CONNECTION WITH ITS BICYCLE PRODUCTS. FELT’S LIABILITY HEREUNDER IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT OF GOODS NOT COMPLYING WITH THIS WARRANTY OR, AT FELT’S ELECTION, TO THE REPAYMENT OF AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION.
- Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or consequential damages, so the preceding limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Free Assembly and Check-Up
Within thirty (30) days after your frameset is assembled into a bicycle, you may return your Felt bicycle to the authorized dealer from whom you bought it for a free check-up and adjustment
- For any Warranty claim to be considered, the bicycle must be brought into an authorized Felt dealer or Felt in assembled condition and accompanied by the original, dated sales receipt for the frameset. (Be sure to keep your receipt in a safe place.).
- Warranty service will be performed by a Felt authorized dealer. Proof of purchase must be provided. Transportation to and from Felt, and the Felt authorized dealer is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- Felt will have the option of either repair or replacement for any defective product. In the event Felt elects to replace a defective frame, a new frame of equal or greater value will be provided. The new frame may not be the exact model purchased.
- If you elect to repair a defective product yourself or use the services of someone other than a Felt authorized dealer, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by Felt, Felt will not be liable for any damage, failure or loss caused by the use of such unauthorized service or parts.
- See your Felt authorized dealer for service or write the Customer Service Department,
Felt Racing, LLC
Irvine, CA 92618
- This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.