- Can You take a Peloton During Pregnancy?
- Are Peloton Classes Secure in Pregnancy?
- Does Peloton Offer Classes for Pregnant Women?
- What Are Benefits of Peloton Workouts during Pregnancy?
- Recommended Peloton Schedule during First Trimester and Second Trimester
- How to Use Peloton Safely and Effectively during Pregnancy?
Peloton is a global gymnastics company that provides highly effective exercises for a wide range of different customers. Especially, Peloton has created a series of classes for pregnant women that includes prenatal (before delivery) and postnatal (after delivery) exercises.
So are these classes safe during pregnancy? Can you take part in these Peloton exercises? What can you get from the Peloton classes during the pregnancy process? If these questions are on your mind, it’s high time to read the article below!
Can You take a Peloton During Pregnancy?
The answer is definitely yes. Peloton workouts not only help you strengthen your muscles’ endurance but also improve your cardiovascular health. They are all necessary for delivering a baby.
Moreover, expecting women are recommended to exercise at least two and a half hours per week with low-intensity exercises such as low-impact rides that are available at Peleton. Therefore, using Peloton during pregnancy is completely acceptable.
Are Peloton Classes Secure in Pregnancy?
The type of class will determine whether a Peloton class is safe for pregnancy.
For example, if you participate in classes designed specifically for the prenatal stage, they will bring a safe practice experience. However, high-intensity classes like Power Zone Rides for zone 4 to 7 or Bike Bootcamp Workouts may be too challenging for pregnant women.
In addition, if you want to ride, a Peloton bike is much safer than a road bike. As such, you can use a Peloton bike to practice during pregnancy without facing any threats on the road.
However, you should consult your doctor before using Peloton during pregnancy to ensure that Peloton classes are safe for your body.
Does Peloton Offer Classes for Pregnant Women?
Recently, Peloton has launched several workout programs for pregnant women including prenatal and postnatal exercises. You can access the Peloton classes for pregnancy from the Peloton website, Peloton digital application, and Peloton showroom.
The Peloton classes for pregnancy focus on several fitness fields including cycling, strength, yoga, and meditation. You will be taught by senior instructors at Peloton like Robin Arzon, Anna Greenberg, and Kristin McGee.
What Are Benefits of Peloton Workouts during Pregnancy?
- Preparing for the labor process and motherhood: Exercises will make the delivery more effortless and less risky, and improving strength during pregnancy helps expecting mothers prepare better for motherhood with the daily tasks like holding a baby in their arms all day.
- Supporting the recovery process: Exercises during pregnancy also help you recover after giving birth more effectively and quickly.
- Boosting your mood and sleep: Workouts assist the body in producing endorphins – a substance that can reduce stress, anxiety, and help your mood better.
- Giving your baby more oxygen and nutrients: Practicing during pregnancy boosts your blood flow so your baby can receive more blood which carries out more oxygen and nutrients.
- Minimize babies’ respiratory problems: a research review.
Recommended Peloton Schedule during First Trimester and Second Trimester
In this section, we will discover the best workout plans for the first trimester and second trimester.
First Trimester Workout Plan
Note: You can choose both regular and prenatal classes offered by Peloton as long as appropriate.
In the first trimester, you should focus on your total strength and endurance. Thus, long training sessions like 45-minute cycling classes are ideal ways to go. Here is recommended schedule for a week:
Second Trimester Workout Plan
During the second trimester, you should focus on enhancing your strength with upper body exercises. In addition, recovery rides should also be a priority during this period. Therefore, suitable and supportive yoga workouts and meditation exercises should be added to your training schedule.
Some effective yoga and meditation prenatal classes that you should take part in are:
- 30 min 2nd Trimester Yoga Flow with Anna Greenberg
- 20 min 2nd Trimester Morning Yoga Flow with Anna Greenberg
- 20 min 2nd Trimester Evening Yoga Flow with Anna Greenberg
- 20 min Prenatal Restorative Yoga with Kristin McGee
- 10 min 2nd Trimester Healthy Back Flow with Anna Greenberg
- 10 min 2nd Trimester Meditation with Anna Greenberg
- 10 min Prenatal Modifications: 2nd Tri with Kristin McGee
List of Peloton Classes During Pregnancy
Peloton classes for pregnancy have different fitness categories, including cycling, strength, meditation, and yoga. These classes have variable durations, from short (10 minutes, 15 minutes) to long (45 minutes, 60 minutes).
We’ve got a detailed article about classes for pregnant women and a list of specific classes. If you are a pregnant woman check it out here.
How to Use Peloton Safely and Effectively during Pregnancy?
Staying safe while exercising is important because it helps protect your health and your unborn baby’s health, making sure your organs aren’t more vulnerable to injury during pregnancy. Therefore, this section will show you how to practice with Peloton during pregnancy safely and efficiently.
Take Advantages of Peloton Prenatal Classes
These classes are extra safe for the body and health of pregnant women. They also focus on improving the core strength, arms, and legs, which are excellent preparations for the labor process.
Practice with Moderate Intensity and Rest as Needed
You need to choose exercises with a reasonable intensity not to be exhausted or tired when practicing. In addition, you should not forget to rest during the training sessions.
Keep Your Body Comfortable and Cool
To stay comfortable and cool, you should wear comfortable clothes with effective sweat-absorbent material. Additionally, you also need to drink water regularly to avoid dehydration when practicing.
In conclusion, using Peloton while pregnant is a great way to prepare for your delivery and motherhood. The Peloton exercises will not only help you strengthen your physical and mental health but also give your baby many benefits.
In addition, you will need to prepare a reasonable workout plan and know how to practice safely before working out with Peloton.
1. Why is the output lower during pregnancy?
Put simply, the output of cardiovascular exercises (cycling, running, strength, etc.) depends on the activity of the heart.
When you are pregnant, the cardiovascular system must be more active while indicators such as speed, resistance, and power output remain the same. As a result, the output will decrease even when you practice with the same intensity.