If you own a Peloton bike, you should keep in mind that this bike is valuable in many ways, even when you use it without a subscription. One of the most rewarding but free features of Peloton Bike is Just Ride.
So what did you know about Peloton Just Ride? What should you know about it? Let’s find the answers in this post!
What is Peloton Just Ride?
In general, Just Ride is a default feature on Peloton bikes. In other words, you do not need to pay any additional fees to use this feature.
The Peloton Just Ride will benefit you in several ways. For example:
- It is completely free and available all the time. That means you do not need to purchase the Peloton all-access or Digital app membership to access this content.
- It has no time limit. Thanks to that, you can use the Just Ride function as long as you want and design your own workout schedule.
- It provides basic metrics for you to track your workout progress effortlessly. The metrics that you can see on the Peloton Just Ride include resistance, speed, cadence, distance, and output.
- It allows you to listen to your own music playlist. Riding with the Peloton Just Ride also means that you do not take part in any pre-recorded classes on Peloton. Thus, you can listen to your own soundtracks, instead of following the music playlists of Peloton instructors.
Where to find Peloton Just Ride?
You can easily find out the Peloton Just Ride function on your bike screen. It is located in the “More” section which you can see at the bottom of the Peloton bike touchscreen.
How to use Peloton Just Ride?
To start your journey with the Peloton Just Ride, you just need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Start your Peloton bike
To power your Peloton bike, you need to connect it to a power supply. Just plug the power cord into the power jack right behind your Peloton bike, and it is activated.
Step 2: Turn on the bike touchscreen
In this step, you will need to press the power bottom that is located on the back of the bike touchscreen. After that, connect your bike with your Wifi address.
Step 3: Access the Peloton Just Ride
You need to open the “More” section on the touchscreen and click the Peloton Just Ride. It is alongside the Peloton Scenic Ride.
Step 4: Enjoy your ride
Now, all you need to do is make your ride effective and joyful with the Peloton Just Ride feature.
In case you just want to ride as the name of this feature, let’s open a high-energy playlist and enjoy your riding experience!
If you expect to use the Peloton Just Ride as a recovery exercise, the recommended time will be 20 minutes.
How to measure metrics on Peloton Just Ride?
The Peloton Just Ride offers traditional metrics like other categories on Peloton. Moreover, you can save your rides in your workout history. Thanks to that, you can easily track your workout progress by measuring the metrics after each ride.
In addition, if you want to measure your heart rate, you should connect your bike with a heart rate monitor.
Needed Equipment for Peloton Just Ride
To use the Peloton Just Ride in the most valuable way, you have to prepare the necessary equipment before riding. Some of them are:
- Peloton bike (compulsory device)
- Heart rate monitor (for better heart rate tracking)
- Smartwatch/Apple Watch (for time measuring and managing)
- Cycling shoes/ Running shoes specialized for Peloton
- Seat cover for a more comfortable riding experience
To sum up, Peloton Just Ride will be a priceless feature if you know how to use it effectively for your training purposes. In case you do not want to spend more money on your Peloton bike, take advantage of the Just Ride feature right now!
1. Can you just ride the Peloton without a class?
Yes, you can definitely do that with the Just Ride function. You do not have to access any Peloton class or program to use the Peloton Just Ride.
2. What is a Peloton just workout?
It is the newest “Just” feature offered by Peloton. You can find out the Peloton Just Workout on the Peloton digital app. This feature has three class types including running, walking, and cycling.