Peloton is very famous for its live classes, especially during the lockdown. Yet, when the impact of Covid-19 pandemic on our life decreases, the company has decided to reopen in-person classes.
If you prefer the idea of visiting the studio and interacting directly with your favorite instructors, Peloton in-person classes will be an excellent choice. So let’s see what they can give us.
What Is Peloton In-Person Class?
Peloton in-person classes allow you to join workouts sessions at one of the Peloton studios. The classes are recorded and streamed live at the moment they are taking place. Then Peloton will update them into their on-demand class library.
Here are types, rules, and cost about Peloton in-person classes. Please check carefully if you want to take them.
Peloton divides its in-person classes into six disciplines:
If you want to join them, you can book from the Peloton website or visit the studio and register for your favorite class. We will give you a detailed guide to signing up in the following sections.
Classes have rules, and Peloton uses the same idea for its training sessions. Here are important things you need to check before taking your class:
Peloton schedules its classes on the official website. Hence, as a member, you need to plan your lesson too. For example:
- You have to check in 30 minutes before your class. The waitlist starts 30 minutes before the class. You will lose your spot if you don’t check it on time.
- The studio door will close after the first 15 minutes of the class. It means you can’t enter the studio if you show up late.
- Outfits are essential, so remember to dress appropriately. For example, you have to keep your top on during class.
- Avoid bringing valuables into the studio. If you have to, keep them safe in lockers.
Distractions will reduce your productivity considerably. To solve this problem, Peloton has set some rules as follows:
- You can bring your phone to the studio but must turn it off.
- Do not chat during the class as you need energy for your workouts.
Prepare for live classes
Peloton records in-person classes and turns them to live and on-demand ones. Therefore, be ready to be shown on the camera. Here are some rules to follow for a smooth live class:
- Follow your instructor to have the best poses.
- Do not move any equipment in the class.
- Respect your instructor, fellow members, and staff.
- Peloton may ask you to move your spot sometimes before and during class.
Cardio and strength classes don’t have specific requirements. Yet, if you want to join cycling, yoga, and running exercises, you must meet all the conditions below:
|Cycling||At least 14 years old||Between 4’11” and 6″5″||Under 297 pounds|
|Running||At least 16 years old||Between 4’11” and 6″4″||Between 105 and 300 pounds|
|Yoga||At least 14 years old||Any height||Any weight|
Rules for kids
Kids can participate in the classes, but their parents or legal guardians must:
- Sign a waiver
- Join the same studio or wait in the lobby area
It means they must not leave the Peloton property or take a different studio lesson from the children.
Peloton offers different class packages for users to choose from. The bigger the package, the better the deal. Here are your options:
|Package||Cost||Cost per class|
How Many Peloton Studios Are There?
There are currently two Peloton studios, one in New York and one in London. We have listed some basic information about the two studios. But the details are noted in July 2022, and Peloton is still working on upgrading facilities.
|New York Studio||London Studio|
|Address||370 10th Ave, New York||11 Floral St, Covent Garden, London|
|Studios||– Cycling studio: 39 bikes
– Yoga studio: 7 mats
– Tread studio: 16 treadmills
– Strength studio
|– Cycling studio: 24 bikes
– Tread studio: 14 treadmills
– Strength studio
|Facilities||Plaza, locker rooms, shower rooms, etc||Shoe pickup, member lounge, changing booths, etc|
If you are curious about how the studios look, Peloton instructors can be your tour guides. Let them take you around:
New York studio:
How To Sign Up For Peloton In-Person Class?
There are two ways to sign up for Peloton in-person classes:
- Check-in directly at the studio
- Register online: please follow these detailed steps below.
Step 1: Create a Peloton account by accessing this link.
Step 2: Buy the studio class credits to make a class reservation
Step 4: Choose your favorite workout types and instructors in the leftover column of the website.
Step 5: Choose the class type, date, and time that you prefer
Step 6: Receive a confirmation email from Peloton
How To Join Peloton In-Person Class?
Now it’s time for your class after online registration. Here are what you will do on that day:
- Step 1: Go to the studio and check-in before the live class starts about 45 minutes.
- Step 2: Store phones and cameras in the dressing room.
- Step 3: Find and choose a suitable spot in the studio.
- Step 4: Log in to your Peloton membership for your name to appear on the leaderboard.
- Step 5: Enjoy your workouts.
Note: If you don’t wear your sports clothes before coming to the studio, allow some spare time to change your clothes in the changing room.
Peloton In-Person Class Vs. Online Class
Peloton offers you two options for your workout classes: in-person and online. So which should you choose? Let’s compare them to make an informed decision.
Both classes have the same productivity level because you work with the same instructors. You can have different performances depending on the class type, not where you exercise.
Online classes are more convenient because:
- You don’t have to commute to the studio. Due to the traffic jam and fuel costs, exercising at home seems more practical.
- There are limited choices for in-person classes because Peloton only offers Friday, Saturday, and Sunday sessions. The weekdays are used for live classes.
- If you don’t live in New York or London, you can’t access Peloton in-person classes easily.
As aforementioned, costs per in-person class vary from $20 to $25. Opting for the unlimited package will only pay $400/month for unlimited classes.
How about the online classes? They have different payment methods. More specifically, you don’t pay for the classes but for the app membership. This app allows you to join live and on-demand classes on the platform.
There are three packages for the membership account: Digital membership and All-access membership. You can check out the guide to Account Membership for details.
As you can see, online classes are more cost-effective. However, the best choice depends on which package you choose.
Although online workouts seem cheaper, in-person classes let you interact directly with your instructors and fellows. You can also take advantage of the studio facilities.
If you prefer the convenience of working out at home, access the schedule for Peloton live classes for more information.
When Will Peloton Reopen In-Person Classes?
The Peloton will reopen their classes in NYC and London studios on August 19th, 2022.
The company has emailed members to inform them about the Grand Reopening and started promoting this event on social media.
When the classes start, you can book your spot on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Peloton recommends users arrive about 45 minutes to one hour before the scheduled class to have more time to familiarize themselves with the studio and prepare for a new workout environment.
Peloton in-person classes are coming back. Are you ready for them? Please check the Peloton official website and book your spot quickly because Peloton fellows are all eager for the classes.
We have shared with you all the necessary information about Peloton in-person classes. If you have any questions, please comment. We will get back to you soon.
Thank you for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Peloton have in-person class membership?
Yes. Peloton has a studio membership for its in-person class, and the package costs $400/month. You can use it to access all studio workouts.
2. Do I need cycling shoes for Peloton in-person classes?
The Peloton will offer complimentary rental shoes at their shoe pickup if you have cycling classes. However, if you have to use your own footwear, please note that the Peloton bike’s pedals are only compatible with SPD and LOOK Delta cleats. Make sure you put on a pair of shoes that can work with Peloton.
3. Can anyone join Peloton in-person classes?
No. Peloton sets rules for certain classes. For example, members must be at least 14 years old (for cycling and yoga) or 16 years old (for running classes). If kids want to join, they must be under the supervision of their parents or legal guardians.
4. How many in-person Peloton classes can I take per day?
You can join multiple classes if you book them in advance. However, we recommend taking no more than two classes because your body needs to recover the energy it loses after exercising. If you force it to overwork, the result won’t be what you expect from a fitness session.