Blinking or flashing white screen is one of the most common errors that you might get when using a Peloton device. Fortunately, there are several effective methods to fix this problem. So what are these methods? Check the following article right now!
There are some reasons for Peloton blinking white screen including:
- Loose connection between the Peloton device and the power console
- Unstable network connection
- Faults in the device’s firmware
When your Peloton device’s screen starts to be blinking or flashing white, you can try these methods to fix it:
Check the connection between the Peloton machine and the power source
You need to make sure that the Peloton device has been connected firmly and accurately to the power outlet. If the wire is loosely plugged into the power outlet, it is not uncommon to see a blinking white screen.
Check the internet connection
Another way that might fix the Peloton blinking white screen is to check the internet connection. Your Peloton machine needs a stable and strong internet connection to run smoothly.
Thus, if your screen is blinking or flashing white, try to restart the Wifi modem or reconnect the device with your Wifi address.
Restart your Peloton Device
Restarting your Peloton device might be one of the easiest but most efficient ways to fix the blinking white screen. All you need to do is press and hold the device’s power button for 5 seconds, and then turn on your Peloton.
Update the Peloton’s software
Sometimes, outdated Peloton software is a reason for flashing white screens. In this case, you have to update the software.
To do that, go to the main menu and choose the “Settings” section. Then, select the “Software Updates” option and follow the given instructions.
If all these above methods do not work, you can try to reset the factory. This method is offered by Peloton so you can believe in its efficiency. In addition, depending on what type of Peloton you have, the method will be different.
For Peloton Bike+ and Tread
Step 1: Press and hold the power button of the table to shut it down.
Step 2: Press and hold the volume increase button.
Step 3: Press but not hold the touchscreen’s power button and still press the volume increase button at the same time.
Step 4: Stop pressing the volume increase button when you see the Android Recovery screen.
Step 5: To adjust the Wipe Data/Factory Reset, use the volume keys.
Step 6: Confirm your Factory Reset selection by using the power button on the touchscreen.
Step 7: Resign into the network and download the newest update.
Step 8: Log in after the download completes.
For Peloton Original Bike
Step 1: Shutdown the device
- Press the power button and choose the “Shutdown” option.
- Disconnect it with the power outlet, and then plug it back in.
Step 2: Activate the Boot Mode
- Hold the power button and the volume increase button at the same time.
- Release both these buttons when your screen brightens. (If you do not see the Boot Mode, move to step 5)
Step 3: Access the “Recovery” option
- Press the volume increase button to start the “Recovery” option
- Press the volume decrease button to run the process.
Step 4: Open a list of options on the touchscreen
- Press and hold the power and volume increase buttons for half of a second at the same time.
Step 5: Select the “Wipe all user data/Factory reset” option
- Hold the volume buttons.
- Press the power button to activate the process.
Step 6: Confirm your selection
- Choose “Yes” by pressing the volume buttons
- Continue the process by pressing the power button.
Step 7: Choose the “Reboot system now” option
- Press the volume button.
Step 8: Download the newest update
- Resign into the network and download the newest update.
Step 9: Log in to the device
- Log in after the download completes.
For Peloton Tread+
Step 1: Turn the device off by unplugging it.
Step 2: Restart the device and wait for a minute.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 (exactly the same).
Step 4: Hold the tablet’s volume increase button and turn on the switch on the base at the same time.
Step 5: Once you see the Peloton logo on the screen, release the volume button.
Step 6: Follow the instructions on the screen.
Tips to Protect Peloton Screen
To protect the Peloton’s device screen from external factors, you can use the following tips:
- Clean your Peloton screen regularly
- Use a good screen protector
- Use sleep mode instead of shutting it down overnight
- Unplug the device when not in use
Peloton Support is the right way to go if you want to find out a clear and effective solution for any problem relating to Peloton devices, services, orders, membership, studio, and showrooms.
You could contact Peloton Support via:
- Phone number: (866) 679-9129
- Live chat on the Peloton Support Website
To sum up, it’s common to see a Peloton blinking white screen. Luckily, you can apply several methods to fix this problem. Depending on the type of Peloton device that you own, you need to choose a suitable solution for this screen error.
1. How do you restart Peloton after unplugging?
You just need to press the power and volume increase button at the same time to restart the Peloton.
2. Why does my Peloton keep glitching?
It might be caused by a loose connection between the device and power outlet or some Internet-related issues such as Peloton not connecting to Wifi.