- What Is A Peloton Bike?
- Peloton Bike Features
- Differences Between A Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Bike Plus
- What Makes A Peloton Bike Different From A Regular Spin Bike?
- Should You Buy A Peloton Bike?
- How Much Does A Peloton Bike Cost?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Peloton has become a big name in the at-home workout equipment industry, especially when it comes to its bikes. So what are the selling points of these products? Why do users find the machines interesting?
We will cover the most outstanding Peloton bike features and explain each in detail. So, let’s scroll down until the final line to determine if you should have one!
What Is A Peloton Bike?
Peloton is an American exercise equipment company, with the Peloton bike being its symbolic product. It also provides workout classes to help users train themselves at home.
The company has introduced two bike generations to the market: Peloton Bike and Peloton Bike Plus. Although both lines have advanced features, the new-gen products offer extra functions.
- Size: 59” x 23” (Peloton Bike) or 59” x 22” (Peloton Bike Plus)
- Footprint: 4′ L x 2′ W
- Pedals: Delta-compatible
- Weight capacity: 297 pounds
- Display: adjustable HD touchscreen (a 21.5-inch screen for the Peloton Bike and a 23.8-inch screen with 360-degree movement for the Peloton Bike Plus), a camera, and a microphone
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Mediatek MT8173 (on Peloton Bike) or 2.5 GHz Qualcomm QCS605 (on Peloton Bike Plus)
- Memory storage: 16GB
- Voltage: 100V to 240V
These products are spin bikes. Yet, you can do more with them than just cycling. Other uses of these machines include:
- Offering live and on-demand training classes
- Displaying performance-tracking metrics on the screen
- Interacting with the Peloton community and instructors
- Playing media content using built-in devices
A Peloton has various components, each contributing to the smooth operation of the whole machine.
- Construction: Frame, belt drive, resistance knob, seat, pedal, crank arms, handlebar, and bracket.
- Technology: screen, camera, speakers, USB port, headphones, Bluetooth, and microphone.
- Hardware: processor, RAM, memory, Wi-Fi connection, Ant+ support, and wired internet.
Peloton Bike Features
Peloton has been famous for its high-quality products. Each comes with stunning features, and the most excellent ones are:
Resistance must be the first feature you notice when stepping on the bike because it directly affects how you cycle.
The resistance knob is adjustable. Hence, you can spin it to determine how resistant the wheels are.
While the Peloton Bike needs you to rotate the knob manually, you can adjust the resistance level on a Peloton Bike Plus by touching the screen. So, feel free to increase or decrease for the best of your training without leaving your seat.
It would be great if your workout machine could perform some tasks for other gadgets. Hence, the manufacturer has decided to install USB ports in every item with this idea in mind.
The port on a Peloton Bike is a USB micro-port, while the one for upgraded versions is USB-C. Technically, the C ports can work faster and flexibly than the micro models.
Moreover, there are two USB-C ports on a Peloton Bike Plus. You can use them for displaying the screen and charging your device separately.
The screen is among the most brilliant features of the bikes, allowing manufacturers to advertise it to any customer segment.
- Size and resolution
The first impression of the screen must be about its size. The screen size for the Peloton Bike and Peloton Bike Plus is 21.5 inches and 23.8 inches, respectively. This size allows you to watch the content displayed comfortably and clearly.
How about the clarity? You won’t need to worry about how sharp the pictures are, thanks to the resolution of 8MP.
While the screen of a Peloton Bike can tilt horizontally and diagonally, a Peloton Bike Plus gives you a monitor that can rotate 360 degrees. Hence, you can watch videos for on-the-bike and off-the-bike exercises, such as bootcamp, yoga and strength-based workouts.
- Bluetooth connectivity
This feature allows for more connection options on your bike. Hence, linking your smartphone or laptop to this workout machine won’t be a problem.
You will be more impressed at the Peloton Bike Plus series. It features a faster processor, higher-resolution camera, and double the RAM capacity. Its Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity is also a great plus, compared to the older models with Bluetooth 4.0.
Apple Watch synching
Apple Watch integration is an excellent addition to Peloton Bikes. It allows you to track your workout productivity.
All you have to do is bring your watch close to the Peloton logo on the screen. Then, it will turn into workout mode and measure your heart rate when you’re cycling.
Unfortunately, this feature is not available in all products. If you are an Apple Watch user and need some motivation for your training session, go for the Peloton Bike Plus.
Entertainment during workouts is what many people look for when buying exercise equipment. And, Peloton does an excellent job at this.
Every Peloton bike has a built-in speaker inside the screen. It can work in sync with the screen to establish visual/ audio effects.
Peloton Digital is an app that gives you access to numerous live and on-demand workout classes, including yoga, cardio, running, etc.
You can watch the video on many devices, such as Apple TV, Android TV, and Fire TV. The app is also available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Differences Between A Peloton Bike Vs. Peloton Bike Plus
As you may notice from what we have discussed earlier, a Peloton Bike Plus is superior to its previous versions in some terms. Here are a few differences between the two lines:
While the Peloton Bike has a manual resistance knob, you can adjust the resistance level of your Peloton Bike Plus both manually and digitally.
Moreover, the newer models offer a wider range of resistance. Hence, you can easily adjust it to a degree where you feel good for your workouts.
Although both bikes have a big HD touchscreen, the Peloton Bike Plus still outweighs its competitor thanks to its 360-degree rotation screen.
Both models come with USB ports. However, the USB-C models of the Peloton Bike Plus allow you to work with more devices and charge them while working out.
Apple Watch synching
Apple Watch users prefer the Peloton Bike Plus models because they can link their watches to the Peloton bike. Thanks to this feature, they will be able to follow up on their performance and modify it when necessary.
You can also tell the differences between the two models by checking their speakers.
The Peloton Bike Plus has the speakers facing you, giving you a more realistic sound. Meanwhile, the speakers of the Peloton Bike stay at the back of the screen.
The older bike has a 2×10 watt sound system and 2-channel audio. Meanwhile, the newer line comes with a 4-channel audio, 2×3 watt tweeters, 2×10 watt woofers, and full-range drivers.
What Makes A Peloton Bike Different From A Regular Spin Bike?
Peloton bikes are spin bikes. Yet, they differ from regular models in their purposes, exercise collection, calories consumed, and performance.
Regular spin bikes are best suited for cycling exercises, whereas Peloton bikes can work for cycling and spinning exercises. As a result, they have different features to serve their specific purposes.
Regular bikes have a resistance level from 1 to 20. On the other hand, Peloton aims for multi-level workouts, offering you a resistance range from 0 to 100.
- Ease of use
You only need a few minutes to control a regular spin bike because it works similarly to the bike you ride on the road. You can also feel free to wear any kind of shoes for your training sessions.
However, the technology featured in a Peloton bike adds to the use complexity. You should be familiar with its console and resistance knob to ride it properly.
Peloton bikes have two different uses. So, you can work on more muscle, such as shoulders, core, quads, glutes, triceps, or hamstrings.
Resistance plays a vital role in your performance. If riding a bike is too simple for you, increase the resistance level until you find yourself pedaling in sweat.
The number of calories burned after your workout depends on different factors, like your weight and productivity.
Peloton bikes help you burn more calories because you have to spend time and labor on the resistance. There are also many other exercises to speed up your performance on these bikes.
While regular spin bikes are stationary machines, Peloton bikes offer many more features. For example, they have a screen, speakers, and wireless connectivity. Moreover, you can even join Peloton communities and access live workout classes.
Should You Buy A Peloton Bike?
Millions of people are using Peloton bikes and appreciate their quality. If you are still hesitant, please consider their pros and cons to make up your mind:
- Sleek design: The designs, colors, materials, and frames of these bikes are modern.
- Resistance range: You can determine how effective your workouts are by adjusting the resistance level, ranging from 0 to 100.
- Workout classes: Peloton Digital app allows you to join multiple classes and follow your routines frequently.
- Entertainment: The high-resolution screen and speaker system will enhance your training experience.
- Noise: Thanks to the smooth operation, the bikes do not create annoying noise while working.
- Instructors: Peloton now has more than 30 instructors to accompany your fitness journey.
- Lack of features in some models: If you buy a Peloton Bike instead of its newer version, there won’t be all features included.
- High price: With such advanced technology, these products are indeed expensive.
How Much Does A Peloton Bike Cost?
You can buy a single Peloton bike or a bike with accessories. There are four deals to choose from:
- Basics package: a bike, warranty, and delivery
- Essentials package: a bike, warranty, delivery, one pair of headphones, one pair of shoes, and one set of weights (plus a mat if you buy a Peloton Bike Plus)
- Works package: products in the Essentials packages plus a mat and a heart rate monitor (plus a resistance band if you buy a Peloton Bike Plus)
- Family package: a bike, delivery, warranty, two pairs of shoes, two pairs of headphones, two heart rate monitors, a mat, weights, and two water bottles (plus a Yoga set if you buy a Peloton Bike Plus)
Here is the price tag for each package:
|Products||Basics package||Essentials package||Works package||Family package|
|Peloton Bike Plus||£2,295/$2,495||£2,495/$2,695||£2,595/$2,795||£2,745/$2,945|
A Peloton bike, especially the Bike Plus series, has many impressive features, such as the screen, resistance, charging ports, speaker, and app.
These features are the bike’s selling points, helping them stand out among competitors. If you want to have one in your home, consider its pros and cons carefully.
Hopefully, this article has helped you picture how a Peloton bike can be that popular. For any further information, please feel free to ask. Thank you for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is so special about Pelotons?
The most remarkable features of Pelotons are their broad range resistance, durable construction, advanced console, and user-friendly digital app.
2. Is Peloton good for weight loss?
Yes. Peloton offers a lot of on-the-bike and off-the-bike exercises. You can also contact the instructors to plan a proper weight-loss schedule.
3. Why is there a camera on Peloton?
The camera allows you to chat with your friends and take photos during your workouts.
4. Can you cast Peloton to TV?
Yes, and here is how to do it:
- Enter your class
- Tap the Airplay or Google Chromecast logo on the lower right corner of the progress bar
- Select the TV you want to stream