- All You Should Know About The Peloton Digital App
- How Do You Use The Peloton Digital App without Bike?
- The Best Peloton Classes When Using Peloton App without Bike
- Recommended Peloton Workout Plan When Using Peloton App without Bike
Peloton is considered one of the best companies in the fitness industry because it always strives to give its customers the best services. More especially, Peloton has developed a digital app that helps its members experience perfect workout progress.
However, there are many concerns about the Peloton app. For example, can you use the Peloton app without a bike? How to use this app without Peloton’s devices? If you want to know the answers, don’t miss this article!
All You Should Know About The Peloton Digital App
Although the Peloton app is a popular utility in the Peloton community, many people still do not know about this application. So, in this section, let’s see general information about the Peloton digital app!
What is Peloton Digital App?
Firstly, you need to know what is Peloton app before using it. In general, the Peloton app is a paid indoor fitness app, developed by Peloton Company.
Below are several features and benefits of the Peloton app:
- This app allows users to access a huge data warehouse including diverse fitness classes and training programs.
- You can access the Peloton app via several electric devices including smartphones, web browsers, TV, and tablet.
- It allows you to access it even if you don’t connect it to a Peloton device (including Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, and Tread+). Thanks to that, you can still take advantage of this app without buying a Peloton bike or tread.
What does Peloton Digital App have?
The Peloton app will offer you several outstanding features and functions, including:
Thousands of on-demand and live classes in different workout types
You will be able to access a huge workout library that includes both pre-recorded and live classes in 11 different fitness categories (Strength, Yoga, Meditation, Cardio, Stretching, Cycling, Outdoor, Running, Walking, Tread Bootcamp, and Bike Bootcamp).
Workout programs and collections
In addition, you can access a wide range of training programs and collections on the Peloton app. This feature is perfect for those who expect to practice specific fitness areas or train with a pre-built and intelligent schedule and plan.
Other supportive features
Peloton app also brings several user-friendly features, including:
- Schedule (that helps you make your own workout plan)
- Stacked classes (that helps you pin your favorite classes)
- Explore Tags (that helps you access the suitable and interesting content at Peloton effortlessly)
- Find Members (that helps you find out other Peloton members by their usernames)
What is The Price of the Peloton Digital App?
To use the Peloton application, you will have to pay $ 12.99 a month. In case you want to try this app before deciding whether to buy it or not, Peloton provides a free trial within 30 days.
How Do You Use The Peloton Digital App without Bike?
In this section, I will instruct you on how to use the Peloton app without a Peloton bike and how to use this app with other indoor cycling bikes.
Using the Peloton app without a bike
In case you just prefer to use Peloton classes that do not require a bike or other Peloton devices, you just need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a Peloton Account
You can create a Peloton Account from your desktop. In this way, you can manage your account more effectively and conveniently.
Step 2: Download the Peloton app
You can download the Peloton app on your smartphones, tablets, or TV as well. Personally, I recommend using tablets and TVs instead of smartphones because of the dimension purpose.
Step 3: Choose a workout that does not need the bike
Now, you just need to pick a class that does not require a bike to join.
Using the Peloton app with another indoor bike
Step 1: Choose a suitable indoor bike to use
There are many other great indoor bikes on the market that are cheaper than the Peloton bike. Thus, you can easily choose a suitable bike for your budget and practice purposes.
Step 2: Create a Peloton Account
As mentioned above
Step 3: Download the Peloton app
As mentioned above
Step 4: Install useful equipment
Even though this step is not compulsory, your riding workouts will be much more effective with supportive fitness equipment. Some useful pieces of equipment can be mentioned as a Cadence sensor to measure the power output, a resistance gauge to transfer applied power into electrical resistance, and SPD pedals to maximize the workout outcome.
The Best Peloton Classes When Using Peloton App without Bike
Peloton app offers many fitness classes that could work perfectly without a Peloton bike or tread. In this section, let’s check what are the best classes on the Peloton app while you don’t have a Peloton bike!
If you want to use the Peloton app without a bike (or treadmill) in the most effective way, classes that do not require support devices like strength classes will be the best way to go.
Up to now, the Peloton app offers more than 4000 strength classes with different lengths (from 5 to 60 minutes).
The best Peloton strength classes that you can find on the Peloton app are:
- 5 min Core Strength with Emma Lovewell
- 5 min Core Strength with Robin Arzon
- 10 min Core Strength with Emma Lovewell
- 10 min Arms Toning with Tunde Oyeneyin
- 15 min Pilates with Emma Lovewell
- 15 min Barre with Ally Love
- 20 min Pilates with Hannah Corbin
- 20 min Upper Body Strength with Robin Arzon
- 30 min Full Body Strength with Jess Sims
- 30 min Lower Body Strength with Andy Speer
- 45 min Pilates with Kristin McGee
- 45 min Full Body Strength with Adrian Williams
- 60 min Total Strength with Andy Speer
Another option for you to use the Peloton app without a bike is joining yoga classes. You can access more than 4000 yoga classes in the Peloton app and of course, you can practice these classes without the bike.
Before taking part in Peloton yoga training sessions, you will need to prepare some necessary pieces of equipment such as a yoga blanket, yoga block, bolster, and yoga mat.
Here are the most popular yoga classes in the Peloton app:
- 5 min Standing Yoga with Kristin McGee
- 10 min Sun Salutations with Anna Greenberg
- 15 min Yoga Flow with Aditi Shah
- 20 min Slow Flow with Denis Morton
- 30 min Red (Taylor’s Version) Yoga Flow with Anna Greenberg
- 30 min Beyoncé Yoga Flow with Chelsea Jackson Roberts
- 45 min Yoga Flow with Aditi Shah
- 60 min The Beatles Two for One Yoga Flow with Kristin & Ross
- 75 min After Burn Power Yoga with Kristin McGee
Meditation classes are the ideal way to go if you want to boost your mental power without using a bike.
More importantly, you can access the Peloton meditation classes without phones or tablets since there are many audio classes. Thanks to that, you just need AirPods to join these classes. Meditation classes on the Peloton app are quite short, from 5 to 30 minutes.
Up to now, this app has more than 1,000 meditation classes.
Below is a list of the best Peloton meditation classes:
- 5 min Sleep Meditation (Audio) with Anna Greenberg
- 5 min Intro to Sleep Meditation with Ross Rayburn
- 10 min Sleep Meditation with Aditi Shah
- 10 min Savasana Meditation with Anna Greenberg
- 15 min Sleep Meditation with Kristin McGee
- 15 min Deep Relaxation Meditation with Chelsea Jackson Roberts
- 20 min Calming Meditation with Anna Greenberg
- 20 min Relaxing Meditation with Ross Rayburn
- 30 min Sleep Meditation with Ross Rayburn
- 30 min Sleep Meditation with Anna Greenberg
Cardio classes are one of the best Peloton workout types without the bike. This fitness category contains many classes that help you lose weight more effectively. Up to now, the Peloton app offers 494 cardio classes (8/11/2022 updated).
If you want to know what are the best Peloton cardio classes, check the following list:
- 5 min Dance Cardio Warm Up with Multiple instructors
- 5 min HIIT Cardio Warm Up with Rebecca Kennedy
- 10 min HIIT Cardio with Jess Sims
- 10 min Pop HIIT Cardio with Olivia Amato
- 15 min Caribbean HIIT Cardio with Jess Sims
- 15 min Fit Family Fun: Disney with Jess Sims
- 20 min Dance Cardio with Multiple instructors
- 20 min 90s HIIT Cardio with Rebecca Kennedy
- 30 min Hip Hop HIIT Cardio with Adrian Williams
- 30 min EMINEM Shadowboxing with Kendall Toole
Recommended Peloton Workout Plan When Using Peloton App without Bike
Here is a Peloton training schedule without a bike that you can follow to get the best fitness goal:
In conclusion, you can definitely use the Peloton app without the bike. If you know the way to take advantage of the Peloton app without the bike, you can even build up an effective and optimal workout plan and program on your own.
If you are looking for a thorough guide on how to use the Peloton app without the bike, the post will be truly helpful for you!
1. Why is the Peloton app cheaper than a bike subscription?
The main reason is that Peloton wants to attract more people to access its network and try its services. In addition, the Peloton app will include fewer features than the Peloton subscription.
2. Can you use the Peloton app without equipment?
You can use the Peloton app without Peloton devices. However, for the most effective workouts, fitness equipment is recommended.
Some of them will be Heart rate monitors (to track your heart rate during a workout), smartwatches (to measure training time and track other workout metrics), and AirPods (to listen to music during practicing).
3. How do I get the Peloton app on my TV?
To use the Peloton app on your TV, you need to download the Peloton app and install it on your TV.
4. Why can’t I get the Peloton app on my Samsung TV?
You cannot download the Peloton app on your Samsung TV because the Samsung Smart Hub does not support this app.