Nothing is more relaxing than bicycling down a sand-strewn beach road on a sunny day.
It’s not only an eco-friendly way to explore a new area of your beach town but also useful for slight exercising and eliminating stress.
To soup up the ride, a cruiser bike is worthier investing than the traditional because of its ultra-long handlebars, larger wheelbases, and plushier seat.
But I know, this daunting task might be a challenge for beginners, which is the reason why I am here, to help you find out the best cruiser bikes for your needs.
- Top 14 Best Cheap Mountain Bikes Reviews In 2020
- Top 15 Best Road Bikes Under 1000 Reviews In 2020
- Top 16 Best Bikes For Women Reviews In 2020
- Top 16 Best Road Bikes Under 500 Reviews In 2020
The Best Cruiser Bike:
- Best overall: Sixthreezero Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for women: Firmstrong Urban Cruiser Bike
- Best for short riders: Sixthreezero Around the Block Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for men: Firmstrong Seven Speed Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for beginners: Schwinn Discover Cruiser Bike
- Best for adults: Sixthreezero Beach Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for seniors: Huffy Nel Lusso Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for tall guys: Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for big guys: Schwinn Perla Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for the money: Firmstrong Urban Cruiser Bike
- Best for long rides: Sixthreezero In The Barrel Cruiser Bicycle
- Best with basket: Kent La Jolla Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for hills: Electra Cruiser Bicycle
- Best for heavy riders: Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser Bicycle
- Best under $200: Schwinn Fairhaven Cruiser Bicycle
- Best under $500: Schwinn midway Cruiser Bicycle
- Best under $300: Hyper Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Top 20 Best Cruiser Bikes Reviews In 2020
sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Step-Through Hybrid Alloy Beach Cruiser Bicycle
sixthreezero EVRYjourney finds its way into my best women’s beach cruiser bikes in the 2019 category.
A perfect-engineering hybrid bike that is not only lightweight but also affordable that many female riders have chosen to be their best pal. Whether it’s a long excursion, cruising the beach or making errands down the streets.
Designed with female riders in mind, it’s one of the best cruiser bikes for the money that comes with a modern 17.5” swooping aluminum frame. With it, you can effortlessly mount or dismount, no matter you’re wearing shorts or a skirt.
This component combines with the foot-forward seat and proper pedal position to provide a natural upright riding experience with good leg extension for the maximum comfort, even on bumpy terrains.
For extra cushion when riding on such rough surfaces, the bike is also built with 1.95” double wall tires and a double-spring saddle.
- Suit various rider’s heights
- Ride fast and smooth, (can reach 40MPH)
- Well-cushioned and provide comfy riding experience, even on rough terrains
- Not ideal for off-road cycling
Firmstrong Urban Lady Beach Cruiser Bicycle
As the name defines, this Firmstrong is specifically designed for ladies who want to cruise along the beach BUT that isn’t mandatory (of course). You can use it for city bicycling as well if wanted.
The best thing about this Urban Lady Beach Cruiser is its slim-profile frame to deliver not only lightness but also greater maneuverability.
But don’t let that fool you about the durability level of this bicycle.
I’m really happy to say that it comes with all needed features of a dreamy strong design – a durable frame, a strong headset, and strong Kenda tires – to make you feel more secure when riding through different terrains.
In fact, the bike can handle a max load of up to 300 pounds, making it the best 3-speed cruiser bike for heavy riders.
It also provides many options in terms of colors, gear mechanisms, frame sizes, and wheel sizes to choose from.
If taking a peek at the overall construction of this bicycle, it’s not exaggerating to say this is truly a premium product at budget-friendly pricing to deserve the title – “best beach cruiser bikes with gears”.
- Constructed with an ultra-strong design for extra security and safety when riding on multiple terrains
- Provide a wide range of color options, frame sizes, and wheel sizes to help you get the most customizable bike fitting your taste, riding style, and preference the most
- No directions provided
- You need to assemble it, which delays using the bike
- Top 10 Best Mountain Bike Tires Reviews In 2020
- Top 10 Best Hybrid Bikes Under 500 Reviews In 2020
- Top 11 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Reviews In 2020
- Top 13 Best Comfort Bikes Reviews In 2020
sixthreezero Around the Block Women’s Cruiser Bike with Rear Rack
If you’re in researching for the best cruiser bikes for beginners in the market, I highly recommend sixthreezero Around The Block.
Not only is it impressive with the elegant, pretty design but also the bike provides super-comfortable upright riding experience without offsetting your budget.
What I really appreciate is its compact and lightweight design – only 52 x 27 x 8 inches – to give you one less worry about storing or transporting things. It also features adjustable handlebars and seat to ensure delivering the most relaxing riding experience.
Besides, there equipped the custom-made foam handgrips for optimal management, which I find very useful for novice riders to enhance their confidence while practicing. The wheels, in addition, are expanded to 26 inches for higher traction and therefore, boosting maneuverability and stability grade of the bike.
By capturing all the aspects in terms of convenience, style, and comfort, this is a great choice for both beginners and pro riders.
- Custom-made foam grips for better traction and control
- Double-walled heavy-duty tires with expanded wheels for higher traction and maneuverability
- Come with front and back fenders for both style and protection against dirt/splashing/debris
- Offer a back luggage rack to help carry big stuff with ease (it’s removable)
- Just work greatly on flat terrains
- Beginners might find it’s hard to use the coaster brake system
- The instructions aren’t really helpful
sixthreezero Women’s Beach Cruiser Bicycle, 26″ Wheels/17 Frame
This might be one of the best cruiser bikes under 500 that I’ve ever tested.
It’s elegantly and beautifully designed, which – I believe – is the best choice for those female riders who are also concerned about the appearance of their stuff.
Regardless, this is a well-performed product that can give you freedom amongst any crowded public transportation or traffic jams.
It highlights ergonomic handle and seat position to avoid putting much strain on your body, hence, giving the best comfort while riding around in a long time. Same with the Around The Block, there are two 26” wheels provided for more effortless riding experience with better stability.
Maybe I don’t have to talk much about the Kenda tires, they’ve spoken for themselves.
But just let me emphasize how durable and good in traction they are, no matter the terrains riding through. Its seat, on the other hand, is my most favorite as it’s very well-cushioned with anti-shock foam covered by a nice thin layer of leather for stylish looking. So what you’ll get is not only the comfort but also the fashion.
- Very comfy seat to not make your back and butt area feel numbed or pain
- Matching fenders built to keep you dry and clean against sand, dirt, and splashing
- Allow you to ride it with less effort
- Hard to put together
- Not suitable for tall riders as it doesn’t provide various sizes and is just available in the small
26″ Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser Bike
The Best City Bike for Women goes to the 26” Huffy Nel Lusso for accomplishing good scores at an incredibly low price.
Made out of high-quality steel, it gives a sure feeling of sturdiness and strength yet still under control thanks to the properly-placed seat and handles.
The bike is also comfortable. Its reasonably-constructed frame is like a masterpiece which provides a great amount of convenience and relaxation, especially for long-distance rides. In addition to the extra-large seat with foam cushion added, it boosts the level of comfort to the extreme.
I also appreciate the extra front basket to help grocery transportation more easily. And it’s pre-assembled to save your time doing it yourself. How thoughtful!
But that’s not everything. There’s also a cup holder mounted on the handlebar that you can put in your beverage easily. This is an unusual thing with a cruiser bike but really works like a charm, which is the reason for making it the best cruiser bikes under 300.
- Provide superb strength, sturdiness, and comfort to ride over long distance with little to no pain on your body
- Come with a cup holder and front basket for extra convenience
- A bit heavy and bulky than other counterparts
sixthreezero EVRYjourney Men’s Step-Through Hybrid Alloy Beach
While many guys assume that they have to pay more for a higher-quality cruiser bike, it is actually not true as there are still many great options on the market that don’t cost a fortune.
This sixthreezero EVRYjourney in men’s version is a shining example.
It comes in some similarities as the women’s version, like the extra-large 26” wheels, step-through steel frame, full handbrakes, and forward pedal geometry. But the design now is slightly changed to be sportier in both the look and the feel.
Besides, it’s leveraged a bit to handle rough terrains more controllable, such as dirt trails or steep hills, while optimizing the best comfort to your body during long-distance rides.
Regardless of its strength, the bike is rather lightweight and maneuverable to easily switch between urban environments and trail riding. Also, the lightness helps it more convenient for storage as well.
All-in-all, this is one of the best 7-speed cruiser bikes that will never let you down.
- Strong yet lightweight and versatile to fit different riding styles and multiple terrains
- Come in a stylish, sporty look
- Can handle rough terrains better than the women’s version
- Need some assembly and handbrake adjustable before riding the bike
- Feature “one size fits all”, only fitting an adult from 5’4” to 6’5”
Schwinn Perla Women’s Cruiser Bicycle
If you are wondering “who makes the best cruiser bikes?”, Schwinn is a typical name.
The best brand of cruiser bikes has done it again with the Perla, featuring everything at a price point that can’t be cheaper.
Unlike other counterparts, safety is paramount in this unit, meaning that its prestige and design come as the second priorities. The reason for my saying is its braking mechanism – something that does not exist in other cruiser bikes.
As it comes in several gear mechanism options (instead of just a single-speed like others), it’s compulsory to equip with a good braking system.
And as a result, what you’ll get is not only faster speeds for multiple rides or purposes but also safety.
The steel frame in this unit is also leveraged to be stronger to handle more loading weight. Whether you carry a full backpack to the beach or a big grocery bag from the store, feel free to do so with this one. And it’s available to be attached with a front basket if needed.
For its decent performance, this is truly the best cruiser bike for ladies.
- Built with safety in mind while providing multiple gear mechanism options to afford for different riding purposes and terrains
- Can load more weight with ease
- Come with a lifetime warranty
- A bit hard to tighten some bolts and screws
Firmstrong Urban Man Single Speed Beach Cruiser Bicycle
For casual riding, the Firmstrong Urban Man makes a lot of sense.
It features 26” wheels, which is a great choice for many conditions – bike paths, pavements, around town/neighborhood, and by the beach.
With no complicated gear systems or cables hanging off the bike, it’s great at maneuvering to retain a good speed for cruising between 3 to 15 MPH.
The best part is, there comes rear coaster brakes in the 7- and 21-speed gear mechanism for versatility. As this is designed for male riders, I find the seat is upgraded to be larger than the women’s version, making it more comfortable.
The tires are also leveraged to be bigger – up to 2.125 inches – for better grip, traction, and shock absorption for an effortless ride.
In a nutshell, the Firmstrong Urban Man Bike has lived up to its name, providing pleasing cruising experience, all tied in a simple yet sporty look. The best city cruiser bike to be considered.
- Can be ridden on various terrains
- Offer multiple gear mechanisms with secure braking systems for bot versatility and safety
- Extra-large tires for better grip, traction, and shock absorption for an effortless ride
- The reflectors are a little lame
sixthreezero Men’s In The Barrel Beach
Our next pick, sixthreezero Men’s In The Barrel, is the best cheap cruiser bike in this list.
It’s one of the rarest options on the market that comes in a wide range of gear mechanisms and color options, allowing for superior customizability to help you get exactly what you want.
Start with the 18” steel frame that’s designed for the forward pedaling gesture. It combines with the saddle, handlebars, and grips to deliver a quality ride so whether you’re riding through the city or mountainside trails, rest the heart that it’s very comfy and convenient.
What to expect the most from this unit is its ease to transport thanks to the lightness (compared to other similar counterparts). And the price is really affordable.
All-in-all, this makes a perfect sweet spot between a beach, country, and city bike to let you conquer different terrains and distances with ease. Plus, the masculine outlook will make you a showstopper on any street.
- Provide a wide range of gear mechanism and color options for better customizability
- 18” steel frame for higher strength and durability
- Combine perfectly between a beach, country, and city bike for multiple uses
- Easy to transport
- The pedals are prone to fall apart
Firmstrong Bruiser Man
As a part of the Firmstrong Bruiser family, here comes the best single-speed cruiser bike version for men.
It is crafted to work as a flawless recreational cruiser for male riders with an emphasis on a simple gear system and no hanging cables needed. As constructed with traditional design and ease to use in the structure, the bike is also argued as a no-frill option on the market.
Making it outstanding is the perfect combo of a spring saddle and broader tires.
Despite the single-speed gear system, it can serve for many riding environments to go within 5 to 15 MPH. Just one thing to keep in mind is its “one-size-fit-all” that only men from 5’4” to 6’4” can fit.
In other words, this will be the best match for taller guys, especially those who want more arm extension (this one features 2” longer length of the space between the rider and the handlebars, which is up to 17” totally).
Another worth-mentioning feature is the rear coaster brakes. Although it might be a bit strange to beginners, they highlight super-smooth and secure braking experience.
- Feature a spring saddle and broader tires for better control, stability, and effortlessly to ride
- Can go within 5 to 15 MPH with ease, on different terrains
- Offer longer arm extension to fit better taller guys
- Smooth-working brakes
- Offer only one size, not suitable for short guys
- Beginners might need a bit time to get used to its coaster brakes
Schwinn Sanctuary 7 Cruiser Bike
For those who are finding the best beach cruiser bikes 2019 that can give you timeless excursion with decent comfort while on the trail, my recommendation is the Schwinn Sanctuary 7.
It’s the most eccentric model in this list nailing up with an attractive casual, classic look but strong enough to capably conquer any rough terrains.
The most notable thing is its 7-speed gear mechanism with a curved steel frame. They deliver a precise power conversion ratio for effortless riding experience to maximize your pleasure on the street, plus, can handle a max load of 300 pounds.
The SPRAM twist shifters are quite noteworthy. They allow you to shift between gears easily and quickly.
It is also added with many convenient parts, such as a side kickstand, a rear luggage carrier, and matching front and back fenders.
- Equipped with multiple additional parts for extra convenience
- You can easily and quickly switch between gears to ride on different terrains
- Not great for off-road bicycling
- Lack cruiser brakes
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Cruiser Bikes In 2020
Types of cruiser bikes
You might find all cruiser bikes out there quite similar but in fact, they’re divided into 3 common types:
Low-rider cruisers – with an emphasis on a shorter seat similar to a motorcycle with the handlebars placed above your head. It’s a variant the traditional bikes, specifically designed for women.
Stretch cruisers – have longer handlebars for a reclined riding gesture. Perfect for short-distance rides.
Beach cruisers – this type is the most popular featuring an upright seating posture for the highest comfort and relaxation while riding. Most of them feature 26” wheels with fat tires, making it better for control and effortless riding experience.
Single-speed or multi-speed
While beach cruisers are traditionally designed as single-speed bikes, there are some 3- or 7-speed variants available on the market now.
So which one should you choose?
This depends on the surfaces/terrains you’re going to ride it through.
The traditional single-speed bikes are basically designed for leisure riding or beach cruising on flat surfaces, meaning that it’s not suitable to ride up/down a hill.
For those people who live around the hilly beachside town, it is unpractical and unsuitable. That’s the reason why the multi-speed gear cruiser bikes are launched. With them, you can shift up for extra speed to climb a hill or shift down to go downhill.
Besides, they come with handbrakes for safer stopping – something that the single-speed doesn’t have.
The biggest drawback of a multi-speed cruiser bike is its complicated construction, which might lead to frequent mechanical issues. So if you intend to go for this type of cruiser bike, let spend some time maintaining it periodically.
There are two types of brake systems when it comes to cruiser bikes:
Front and back braking:
This type provides brakes at both front and back wheels so that when you want to stop it in an emergency, the bike can do it immediately and precisely.
In other words, its stopping power is super huge and this excels your safety.
Most of the front and back braking system also features foam grips for smoother stopping force so that you won’t lean forwards when stopping it quickly. For hilly areas or busy roads, this is the best comfort cruiser bikes for safety.
However, aesthetics might not it’s forte, which is also the biggest drawback of this braking type.
This is the traditional type of braking, which stops the bike from backward pedaling.
For riders who love the aesthetics of clean-looking handlebars, this is an ideal choice. It’s also easy to use and maintain.
However, the biggest flaw of coaster braking is the lack of stopping power in some situations, which leads to more danger than handlebar brakes, especially when the chain drops.
I advise choosing this type for single-speed bikes.
Are cruiser bikes good?
Depending on the gear mechanism chosen, a cruiser bike is ideal for city riding, beach cruising, or some light trail adventures.
If you want to know which type of cruiser bike is better for your needs, keep reading the Buying Guide section in this article.
Are cruiser bikes good for long rides?
Cruiser bikes are not actually designed for long-distance rides. Instead, they would work best in short-distance commuting, errands, or around town.
Can you ride a cruiser bike uphill?
It’s possible for a cruiser bike to go uphill as long as it’s equipped with 3- or 7-speed gearing. Just shifting up for extra speed and you can climb up a slight hill easily and when going downhill, just shift down the bike.
Are cruiser bikes good for exercise?
Bicycling is an activity that’s not only entertaining but also provides rewarding fitness and all cruiser bikes can afford that.
It depends on how much you want to exercise yourself. If that’s just a low-impact kind of exercise, a single-speed model is all you should get. For those who want more, a multi-speed is worth-investing to let you climb up hills or ride longer distances.
Can you ride a cruiser bike on dirt?
Most cruiser bikes aren’t designed for off-road riding because they tend to be slow and heavy when being used in off the trails or tournaments.
Is a cruiser bike good for commuting?
Yes, it is.
That’s because cruiser bikes are constructed with simple shifting, coaster brakes, and low seat height, making them easier for commuting.
That’s all about this article!
I hope this ultimate guide has helped you break down every complicated difference about brake styles, gearing, and bike types to choose the best cruiser bikes for your next excursion.
Thanks for reading and good luck!