Bicycling is fun.
And it would be more joyful if the bike you’re using can support your riding gesture to ride more leisurely around town.
The comfort bike is what I’m trying to talk about. It’s a comfier variation of a mountain bike but mainly used for errands, family outings, and recreational riding within short
If that’s also your purpose, take a peek! Below are the top 13 best comfort bikes in 2019 that I’ve meticulously analyzed from the market:
Best Comfort Bikes Comparison Chart 2020
|Best Comfort Bikes||It’s best for||Ratings|
|Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1||Best for Beginner||4.8/5|
|Sixthreezero Evryjourney||Best for Women||4.4/5|
|Schwinn Discover||Best for City Riding||4.8/5|
|Salsa Journeyman Claris 700C||Best for Commuting||4.2/5|
|Rad Power Bikes RadRover 5||Best E-Comfort With Suspension||4.9/5|
|Co-op Cycles CTY 2.2 Bike||Best for Tall Riders||4/5|
|Raleigh Detour Comfort Bike||Best for Adults||4.3/5|
|Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 Bike||Best for The Money||4.6/5|
|Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 Step-Through Bike||Best for Seniors||4.5/5|
|Trek Comfort Bike||Best for Ladies||4.7/5|
|Priority Embark E-Bike||Best Electric||4.6/5|
|Priority Classic Plus – Gotham Edition||Best for Men||4/5|
What Are The Best Comfort Bikes?
Best for beginner: Co-op Cycles CTY 1.1
Best for women: Sixthreezero Evryjourney
Best for city riding: Schwinn Discover
Best for commuting: Salsa Journeyman Claris 700C
Best e-comfort with suspension: Rad Power Bikes RadRover 5
Best for tall riders: Co-op Cycles CTY 2.2 Bike
Best for adults: Raleigh Detour Comfort Bike
Best for the money: Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 Bike
Best for seniors: Co-op Cycles CTY 2.1 Step-Through Bike
Best for ladies: Trek Comfort Bike
Best Electric: Priority Embark E-Bike
Best for men: Priority Classic Plus – Gotham Edition
Top 13 Best Comfort Bikes Reviews In 2020
Raleigh Bikes Venture 3.0 Comfort Bike
I decided to give this Raleigh bike my Editor’s Choice award for its unparalleled performance.
It re-defines what to be a “bike rider” whereby you don’t have to sit long hours on a stiff saddle or chase for fancy spandex. With Venture 3.0, everything is all about fun and comfort.
The bike is crafted from a lightweight ergonomic aluminum frame with custom handlebars and a shock-absorbent suspension fork to deliver the most naturally comfy upright riding gesture.
Hence, your body – especially on the arms, hands, back, and neck – won’t feel pressure or pain during a ride and even come back ready for more.
Rest the heart if you’re just a beginner rider, this comfort bike comes in ultra-large wheels and wide tires for extra stability. It boosts your confidence to try on different terrains and besides, there are up to 21 speeds to choose from.
The assembly is also easy. You can find it on YouTube for some tutorial videos or the manual itself is very clear to understand.
- Comfortable saddle to reduce stress on back and neck – ideal for seniors
- Shock-absorbent suspension fork and saddle for the natural riding position, eliminating fatigue on arms and hands
- Ultra-large wheels for extra stability, helping you keep balance better
- Easy to assemble
- A bit expensive
- Top 14 Best Bike Racks for Garage Storage Reviews In 2020
- Top 16 Best Exercise Bikes Reviews In 2020
- Top 19 Best Bike Trailers For Kids Reviews In 2020
- Top 20 Best Cruiser Bikes 2020: Cheap & Basic
Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Men’s 26-Inch Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
Sixthreezero is one of my favorite manufacturers for bikes. It’s been in the market since the early 2000s, which is the reason why they truly know how to make excellent products.
The EVRYjourney Men’s 26-Inch Hybrid Bike is a shining example.
Take a look, it is a no-doubt sleek and modern design to be promisingly an excellent showstopper on the street. A perfect choice for people who are concerned about the appearance of their stuff.
Sixthreezero, of course, doesn’t close their eyes on this bike’s quality. It features a forward pedaling design with the lightest aluminum frame, 2” semi-slick tires, and full handbrakes.
Out of the box, this is not only a classic, lightweight hybrid bike on streets and trails but also leveraged to be safer, easier maneuvering, and more stable to ride up hills. Or, give you the best comfort over long distances.
There’s also a matching fender and rear rack to keep your grocery bags but don’t worry, they can be removed if you don’t need it.
- Sleek, modern design, making it a perfect showstopper on the street
- Equipped with back and forth handbrakes for higher safety when you ride downhills or at high speeds. Easy stopping
- Add a matching fender and rear rack for optional baskets
- Quickly out of stock. If not buying it now, you might have to wait
- Top 11 Best Cruiser Bikes Reviews In 2020
- Top 22 Best Bike Pumps Reviews in 2020
- Top 11 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Reviews In 2020
- Top 10 Best Hybrid Bikes Under 500 Reviews In 2020
Diamondback Wildwood Classic Comfort Bike
If you want a comfort bike to exercise, I highly recommend the Wildwood Classic from Diamondback – one of the most famous US brands for bikes.
It highlights amply comfortable seat post and 50mm suspension forks to efficiently absorb any bumps on the street while you’re riding. It’s also equipped with Promax linear-pull brakes and 7-speed twist shifters to customize for different terrains with safety.
To talk about the superstar of this unit, I believe it must be the adjustable stem.
This component gives you unsurpassed control and balances to feel more confident to get back on a bike. If you used to be intimidated by the thought of not be able to ride one for any reason, this can change your mind.
No matter it’s for exercise or leisure rides around your neighborhoods, you can’t beat this classic comfort bike over other counterparts. Out of a bunch, this is the best comfort bike under $500 for exercising.
- Give you the highest control and management to ride safely and joyfully on different terrains
- Ample comfort and excellent bump absorption
- Can help you exercise
- A bit heavy
- It’s hard for a beginner to assemble this bike on their own, you’d better have a qualified bike shop do it for you.
Schwinn Discover 700c Hybrid Bicycle
It would be a big mistake if not having Schwinn in this list – the brand that always impresses me by its long-standing history (over 120 years) and rich expertise in the industry.
Once again, the discover 700c hybrid bicycle doesn’t disappoint me!
It’s a men’s comfort bike featuring a lightweight aluminum frame, 21-speed SPRAM grip shifters, Shimano rear derailleur, and especially, their exclusively designed suspension fork.
All components are made from the highest quality materials and it pays back the extraordinary performance with unbeatable comfort, management, and stability.
Priced under $500 but unlike other brands, it includes a high-quality adult helmet that is constructed with 21 integrated flow vents and Dual-fit adjustment for comfort. To keep the rider’s head from damped hair, it’s even added moisture-wicking pads. How sweet!
- Its alloy crank and a suspension fork is exclusively self-manufactured for controlled quality and superior performance
- Include a high-quality adult helmet – best for the money
- Feature anatomic grips with dual density for superb safety and smooth stopping
- Not provide various sizes
Vilano Diverse 3.0 Performance Hybrid Road Bike 24 Speed Shimano Disc Brakes
While most comfort bikes just suit for casual rides, this Vilano is specifically designed to handle longer distances, implying an ideal choice for commuters.
No matter the weather and terrain, it is perfect for weekend fun on the rail trail or simply used to ride from/to work.
Making up for its impressive capability is the mechanical disc brakes.
They’re made to work greatly on different terrains, including the rainy or wet roads, to give incredible stopping power. Thank GOD that it also comes in three size options, which no matter you’re a short or large guy, just feel peace in mind that there will be a right one with enough room for your body frame.
A nice pick for both beginners and pro riders.
- Can handle long distances easily with comfy seat post to avoid the numb feeling in your butt area
- Great to ride on flat surfaces
- The mechanical disc brakes can work on any terrains, even in wet, slippery roads – very safe
- Provide various sizes to choose from
- Not shock-absorbent
- Wish it had a touch higher gearing
- Assembly is a bit time-consuming
Schwinn Network 3.0 700C Men’s Hybrid Bicycle
I love this Schwinn for everything, from its functionality, affordability to the aesthetics.
It’s equipped with numerous components, like front suspension fork, suspension seat post, and a spring-loaded seat with white stitching.
When riding through small cracks and bumps in the road, it gives very supportive feeling and I nearly get no fatigue or ache on the back and butt area. Unlike other step-through comfort bikes at this price point, the Network 3.0 is very comfortable to let you sit upright naturally.
It doesn’t topple or wobble over sideways. On flat asphalt or concrete roads, it moves fast (up to 15 MPH) with smoothness.
- Give a sweet spot of affordability, functionality, and aesthetics
- Allow you to sit upright naturally with support and comfort to cut off the stress of your back and neck
- Not topple or wobble over sideways
- Ride fast – 15+ MPH on flat asphalt or concrete roads
- The tires could slightly lose pressure
Schwinn Men’s Suburban Bike
This is the best comfort bike for everyone at an awesome price.
With the name Schwinn, you can expect the highest quality in its bike. They think everything through so the setup procedure is very easy.
Men’s Suburban Bike is a street cruiser bike, featuring a 7-speed Micro shift twist shifter with Shimano derailleur that can go quickly from 1 to 7 in one wrist movement.
However, it’s still equipped with a built-in front shock to let you hit some lighter roads with no fatigue from bumps on their arms.
The style of grips, handlebars, and the comfortable saddle create a very relaxing upright riding gesture to let you completely enjoy it.
I also like the combination of the seat post with its front suspension and springs for an amazingly smooth ride. With this comfort bike, you might have to adjust its linear-pull brakes a little bit but the result won’t let you down.
They can stop exactly when you need to and give you lots of confidence to ride on different conditions.
- Can go quickly from 1 to 7 in one wrist movement
- Built as a street cruiser but still have a built-in front shock to avoid hurting your arms when riding on lighter roads
- Can stop exactly when you need to
- The instruction is not really helpful
- The painting is prone to get scratches
- Bolts and screws for the mudguards are not really high-quality
Kent Pomona Men’s Dual-Suspension Comfort Bike
The Kent Pomona is a utopian bicycle for anyone in search of comfort, reliability, and stupendous value in a city bike.
It’s constructed with a 7-speed drivetrain with maneuvering Shimano rear derailleur and easy-twisting shifters.
The bike also comes with a stylish, strong frame for anyone who loves sport appearance and with full linear-pull handbrakes, it’s totally safe to ride.
The biggest selling point is a light flat-black cantilevered aluminum frame that can absorb bumps flawlessly on the rockiest trails. This combines with even more lightweight components, like an adjustable stem and quick-release seat clamp and alloy rims.
Though small, I love the additional drink holder mounted on the handlebar in case you want to pass by a coffee shop while on the way to work. Very thoughtful!
In short, this is a surprisingly agile and nimble comfort bike for multiple uses.
- Feature a stylish, strong frame for a sporty appearance
- Added a handlebar-mounted drink holder for extra convenience
Sixthreezero Body Ease Women’s Comfort Bicycle
Moving on to comfort bikes for women.
Sixthreezero Body Ease is my top recommendation for those who want a versatile option. It’s built with 21-speed Shimano gearing and EZ Fire Plus shifter to handle a bunch of different conditions like a breeze.
Whether you want to ride uphill, tackle demanding street, or challenge on longer distances, it’s always powerful, manageable, and fast – up to 20 MPH.
In comparison, it is pretty much like the men’s version of Sixthreezero, with a rear rack for optional baskets and full handbrakes for easy stopping. But highlighting an additional Cloud Soft suspension seat post and Vibrazorb front suspension fork for better shock absorption ability.
While the ergonomic design eliminates stress on your hands, arms, shoulders and key joints, I love how the frame retains your natural upright position for the best comfort.
To conclude, this is a great bike for both recreation and exercising for any women who want to live a healthier life.
- Powerful, manageable, and fast – up to 20 MPH
- The perfect combination of the 21-speed Shimano gearing and EZ Fire Plus shifter offers versatility
- Come in superior shock absorption than the Sixthreezero men’s version for the least fatigue on your body after the rides
- Might not handle rough terrains
- The seat is a bit hard
Raleigh Bikes Venture Thru Comfort Bike
With the Raleigh Bikes Venture Step-thru, you’ll get a chance to venture out into the comfiest bike riding experience, whether cruising on the bike path, around the campsite, or in the boardwalk.
As designed for short distances, the seat in this unit is much softer. So if you are the person who easily feels numbed around the butt area, this would be the best bet.
Besides, it nails up with a lightweight aluminum frame featuring Raleigh’s exclusive “true comfort” geometry to keep you maintain a relaxed upright riding gesture.
The tires are expanded slightly compared to other counterparts in this field – up to 27” by 1.95”, to give you better grips and smoother riding experience. I also think its numerous size options are the good news for girls whose height isn’t around the standard.
All-in-all, this is the most bang-for-bucks and also the easiest to ride out of 5 options in my review roster.
- Soft seat to avoid feeling numbed while riding
- Deliver a “true comfort” geometry frame to deliver better comfort and relaxation
- Expanded tires for stability, smooth riding experience, and grips
- The assembly instruction is hard to understand
Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
Priced under $300, the Northwoods Pomona is a very nice beginner comfort bike for ladies that you can get without spending a fortune.
It emphasizes a full suspension aluminum frame with 26” 36 spoke alloy rims and a riser handlebar that smooths out the ride whether on paved or unpaved trails. Fans of this product also commend on its comfy seat and reliable Shimano rear derailleur.
You can switch its gearing easily from 1 to 7 or stop whenever wanted. In other words, the Pomona is very controllable to help you keep balance and ride confidently.
Northwoods is also very thoughtful to design a very lightweight bike for women – only 36 pounds – that one can easily lift it up the sidewalk or for storage with effortless.
- Padded comfort saddle to avoid numbness feeling when riding it for a long time
- Deliver smooth riding experience on different road surfaces
- The gear to assemble this bike doesn’t include in its kit, you’ll need two different sizes Allen wrenches
Venture 2 Step-Thru Comfort Bike
The Venture 2 Step-Thru comfort bike is a fantastic value.
It comes with many identical specifications as a high-end bicycle but prices much more affordable. For example, the trustworthy 21-speed Shimano Reva shift twist shifters, shock-absorbent Sun-tour suspension fork, and a limited lifetime warranty.
The best thing is at this unbeatably low price, Raleigh also provides free pedals with a no-slip grip. And the bike itself is not just served as a cruiser bike but also a city bike, and for mountain biking.
It’s really versatile and also stylish that can fit both male and female riders to be a wonderful showstopper on the street.
In a nutshell, Venture 2 is a flawless example of a classic design with professional craftsmanship and quality components.
- Versatile – can be used on different conditions as a city bike, cruiser bike, and mountain bike
- Provide free pedals to give a good match with the entire construction, offering the most comfortable riding gesture
- Look stylish
- Slightly hard to shift down
Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Serene
Find it’s hard to decide between the relaxed comfort of a mountain bike and the efficiency of a road bike? Pick the Diamondback Bicycles and it’ll let you enjoy the best of both worlds.
This is not quite completely designed as a men’s bike painted in a girly color but has been changed delicately to fit smaller body build. It provides 2 size options for both short and women with height with an adjustable seat post.
In other words, Diamondback women’s vital 2 really takes the women’s comfort into consideration.
Still, it’s very sturdy and strong, featuring a 6061-T6 aluminum alloy frame, geometry padded seat post, and suspension fork. Plus, there’s a 21-speed drivetrain for multiple usages.
To make sure you feel excited about riding on this bike, Diamondback has included all-weather tires in this unit, making it commute more easily. They’re specifically made to handle from uneven rails to wet-mornings rides.
- Built as an all-around bike platform to handle different usages and conditions like a breeze
- Allow you to break easily and stop completely when needed
- Provide various size options to fit smaller body builds of women
- All-weather tires to provide great grips even on wet surfaces
- It’s struggling for beginners to assemble it
- Annoying clicking sound when changing the gear
- No kickstand or fender provided
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Comfort Bikes In 2020
To make your comfort bike as supportive and comfortable to ride, pay attention to the seat construction. It must be made of high-quality materials combining with ergonomic design.
Commonly, you’ll find seats in anatomical shapes to decrease stress on your body.
Don’t go for too narrow designs!
It’d better have gel padding, cushioning springs, or flexible frames.
A good comfort bike should let you reach the brakes easily and stop precisely as wanted with little hand effort.
There are two common types of breaks – the hub brakes and the linear-pull ones – that suit for a specific riding style.
For instance, hub brakes are the best bet for smooth riding experience with no requirements of rigorous effort while the linear-pull is ideal for all-around riding.
You will find some comfort bikes featuring 7-speed gears while others are 21-speed. This number relates to the riding style you can tackle.
The higher the number, the more versatile.
If your ride is on multiple terrains, from flat surfaces to hilly, stick with higher gears. However, if the bike is just used for short distances around your neighborhood, going for lower gears is an economic choice.
What are comfort bikes?
Comfort bikes are made for recreational, leisure riding within short distances, like around your neighborhood, around the town, campsite, or bike paths.
It’s no different than a comfier version of a mountain bike.
Are road bikes comfortable?
As designed for multiple pavement uses, such as racing, touring, long-distance rides, and fitness riding, it might not be as comfortable as other types, especially compared with the comfort bikes to ride in short distances.
Which bike is good for pillion comfort?
For men, the three most ideal choices are:
- Raleigh Bikes Venture 3.0 Comfort Bike
- Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Men’s 26-Inch Hybrid Cruiser Bicycle
- Schwinn Men’s Suburban Bike
Meanwhile, women can consider these options:
- Sixthreezero Body Ease Women’s Comfort Bicycle
- Northwoods Pomona Women’s Dual Suspension Comfort Bike
- Venture 2 Step-Thru Comfort Bike
Are road bikes bad for your back?
As long as the bike is properly fitted and suitable for your riding style, it isn’t bad for your back.
Are comfort bikes good for exercise?
You can take some light exercise with a comfortable but this type is designed more about leisurely, recreational riding.
If for those who want muscular legs, I think single-speed bikes would be a better choice.
Choosing the best comfort bikes makes you fearless of the terrain conditions to ride on thanks to their excellent shock absorption system. This daunting task might be time-taking and effort to determine what you need, what you like, and what you can afford.
But I promise the result won’t let you down as long as you’ve followed this ultimate guide.
Thanks for reading!