- Why Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton?
- How to Fix Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton Equipment
- How to Fix Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton App
For those who need motivation from looking at health metrics, it is useful to use electronic devices supporting the exercise process such as Apple Watch or Heart rate monitor. In particular, a compact device like the Apple Watch can track your movement, and the numbers on your cardio equipment.
However, participants sometimes have to cope with Apple Watch not connecting to Peloton equipment and app. The following article will dive into this issue and give you some useful advice.
Why Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton?
There are many reasons for the Apple Watch not connecting to Peloton equipment and app. Possible causes include Battery Issues, Cable Issues, Software Issues, and Hardware Malfunction in Gymkit Settings. However, these are all basic errors and you can completely fix them at home.
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton Equipment
You should regularly carry on some tips to fix common issues when using Peloton because you probably meet some technical bugs. Here are some ways to fix these problems at home.
Restart the Peloton equipment
When your Apple Watch cannot be connected to Peloton Bike or Treadmill, the first step is to restart the Peloton equipment. Here is the restart procedure:
- Step 1: Locate the Power button at the back of your screen.
- Step 2: Choose “Shut Down”.
- Step 3: The power on the equipment will be back in a few minutes.
- Step 4: Connect again to the Apple Watch.
Restart the Watch
Similar to restarting the Peloton equipment, restarting the Watch is a second way to reconnect your Apple Watch to your device. Depending on the generation of the Apple Watch, we will restart it differently. In general, the reboot will go like this:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Digital Crown and Side button for about fifteen seconds.
- Step 2: Don’t release until you see the Apple logo.
- Step 3: The power on the equipment will be back in a few minutes.
- Step 4: Connect again to the Peloton equipment.
Toggle Gymkit Settings on Apple Watch and Restart the Watch
Another cause of the Apple Watch not connecting to Peloton equipment is a malfunction in gym detection settings. Here are the steps to help you toggle Gymkit settings on your Apple Watch:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings on the Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Tap “Workout” at the bottom of the list.
- Step 3: Turn off “Detect Gym Equipment”, then exit settings.
- Step 4: Wait for a few minutes, then force restart the Apple Watch.
- Step 5: Back to the Settings and turn on the “Detect Gym Equipment”.
Note: You can pair the two devices again after you have finished these steps.
Toggle Gymkit for Apple Watch, Clear Cache of Watch, and Calibrate Bike
If the previous solutions do not fix your Apple Watch to connect, you can apply this solution.
This process consists of 3 parts: Toggle Gymkit for Apple Watch, Clear Cache of Watch, and Calibrate Bike. Specifically, the steps in each section are as follows:
|1st: Pre-calibrate Bike||
You might visit here to know how to clear the Peloton Bike cache.
|2nd: Clear the Cache of your Apple Watch||
|3rd: Calibrate Bike+||
Uninstall and Reinstall the Peloton App On The Bike
If all the above methods don’t work, uninstall and reinstall Bike and try again. This will not affect or lose your personal data.
How to Fix Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton App
When you connect the Pleton app to your Apple Watch, the Apple Watch’s display will display the following health metrics on Peloton:
- Your heart rate
- Your heart rate zone
- Your total calories burned.
- Average pace with walking, running, and boot camp.
- Best pace, Total distance, and Total elevation associated with walking, running, and boot camp.
When one of the above information has problems, it’s time to check the connection between these two devices.
Update to the latest version of the Peloton App
If you have not updated to the latest version of the Peloton application, update it on your iPhone and Apple Watch right now.
- Step 1: Go to the App Store on your iPhone and tap on the Today tab.
- Step 2: Tap on your Account profile at the top right of the screen.
- Step 3: Locate the ‘Available Updates‘ and find Peloton.
- Step 4: Tap on Update or “Update All” at the top.
- Step 5: On your Apple Watch, go to the Apple Watch’s App Store app.
- Step 6: Tap on Account.
- Step 7: Tap on Updates to take the latest Peloton Watch app.
Forced Restart and Forced Sync Operation
Before using forced restart, try to restart your Apple Watch first. If a regular restart does not help, try a forced restart. (same as step in part 2.2)
If both regular restart and forced start do not work, then conduct a force sync operation for your Apple Watch data. Here is what you have to do:
- Step 1: Open the Watch App on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on General, then tap on Reset to Reset Sync data.
Check Access Settings for Peloton App on your device
Some Health metrics might be missed due to the disabled access. To fix this:
- Step 1: Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Tap on Preferences.
- Step 3: Tap on the ‘Health’ app.
- Step 4: Tap on ‘Data Access & Devices.’
- Step 5: Tap on Peloton and turn on the metrics you want the app to access.
Reset Bluetooth Settings on your iPhone and Apple Watch
Another method is to reset Bluetooth settings on both devices. here is what you can do:
- Step 1: Switch off the Bluetooth on your Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Go to the Settings on your Apple Watch and locate ‘Bluetooth.’
- Step 3: Tap on Bluetooth to disable Bluetooth.
- Step 4: On your iPhone, open Settings, then tap on General to Reset.
- Step 5: Tap on Reset Network Settings.
Delete and Re-install Peloton App on your Apple Watch
If all of the above methods don’t work, you may have to delete the app and re-install it.
- Step 1: Go to the Peloton app on your Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Tap and hold on to the Peloton icon on the screen.
- Step 3: Once the app jiggles, tap on the ‘X‘ mark.
- Step 4: Tap Delete App to Reconfirm.
- Step 5: Restart your Apple Watch.
- Step 6: Re-install the Peloton app.
The above article has summarized the basic steps to fix Apple Watch Not Connecting to Peloton equipment and app. However, if you are still experiencing these conditions after fixing them yourself at home, you should contact Peloton Support directly to see if they can help you resolve it.
1. Can I connect Peloton equipment to Apple Watch by another method?
Yes. You can connect by the following steps:
- Step 1: Download Peloton app on both your iPhone (or iPad) and the Apple Watch.
- Step 2: Open the Peloton app on your iPhone and tap the “More” tab.
- Step 3: Select “Apple Watch” then tap on “Set Up”
- Step 4: Tap on “Connect to Health app.”
2. Can I pair all Peloton equipment to my Apple Watch?
Yes. You can connect all Peloton equipment including Peloton Bike+, Bike, Tread, and app to your Apple Watch. Regardless, you must have a digital subscription to possess the Peloton app.
3. Which Apple® iOS Watch is capable of running the latest version of iOS?
There are two generations of Apple® iOS Watch that can run the latest version of iOS:
- The iPhone 6s and above.
- The Peloton Apple® Watch App requires Members to be on WatchOS 7.0 for Watch series 3 and above.
4. Which versions of Apple® iOS are compatible with the Peloton App for Apple® Watch?
There are two generations of Apple® iOS Watch that can be compatible with the Peloton App for Apple® Watch:
- Apple® mobile devices at iOS 14 and later.
- WatchOS 7 and later for Apple® Watch.