Aditi Shah is the only South Asian instructor in the vast Peloton community, and she always remains on the list of most liked instructors. How to tell if Aditi Shah’s classes can work for you? What is her teaching style? If you can’t make up your mind, this guide can help.
Today, we will reveal everything about Aditi Shah. Let’s follow our post and determine whether she has what you need!
Aditi Shah’s Personal Life
Aditi Shah is one of the most famous Peloton instructors, thanks to her contribution to the workout and yoga industry. This biography chart will be a great introduction to her:
|Full Name||Aditi Shah|
|Birthplace||New Jersey, USA|
|Previous Professions||Model, actress, and vocalist|
|Current Profession||Yoga and meditation instructor at Peloton, Pilates teacher, content creator, speaker, digital marketing consultant, and host|
|Ambassador For||TRAIN PUMA|
|Education||Stella Adler Studio|
|Marital Status||Engaged (with Lawrence Anthony Peccatiello)|
Aditi Shah was born in New Jersey. Despite living in the USA, her parents still maintained Indian tradition. They also introduced yoga, an Indian traditional practice, to her from an early age.
Aditi started her career as a model and actress. However, she felt she belonged to the yoga mat, not the camera, and decided to build her profession as a Peloton instructor.
Aditi Shah lives with her parents, and both of them are Indian. They had lived in America from Aditi’s birth to when she finished high school. After that, they returned to India.
The famous yoga instructor has an engagement with her boyfriend, Lawrence Anthony Peccatiello. The couple had planned their wedding for 2021, but the COVID-19 broke out.
They tried to find solutions for visiting India and celebrating their wedding there. Yet, they decided to postpone the big day because of the epidemic. The official ceremony was in March, 2022.
Aditi Shah is not only famous as a Peloton instructor but also as an influencer on the internet because of her positive energy. Currently, she has more than 146,000 followers on Instagram. The number of her followers on Facebook and Twitter is about 4,000 and 590, respectively.
You can update the latest news about Aditi via three sites:
People are curious about Aditi’s hobbies because they want to know how she builds her healthy lifestyle. We have compiled some interesting information about her favorite things as follows:
- Favorite activities: reading books, connecting with the Peloton community, and spending time with your beloved ones
- Favorite books: “A Little Life” by Hanya Yanagihara
- Favorite sports: Basketball and football
- Favorite cuisine: her mom’s cooking
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Davey’s Cookies and Cream
- Favorite singers: Joni Mitchell, David Bowie, Adele, Kacey Musgraves, and many more
- Favorite color: Green and purple
- Favorite outfit: jeans, sneakers, and denim
Aditi Shah’s Career Path
Aditi Shah first worked as a model and actress. However, fate changed. She joined the yoga community and has become an influential character in the industry.
Aditi didn’t intend to become a yoga instructor at first. She was a model when living in Mumbai and started raising her passion for acting.
The famous instructor attended acting classes at Stella Adler Studio in New York City to chase her dream. She also joined some movie projects, such as “Crashing,” “Elementary,” and “Inside Amy Schumer.” However, she didn’t earn as much recognition as she expected.
After quitting her passion for acting, Aditi Shah turned her attention to yoga teaching. And, she is happy with her creative life at Peloton, which brings her chances to empower people to enjoy their life.
Yoga has been a part of Aditi Shah’s life since she was a kid because this practice is an Indian tradition. However, it was not until she took classes at Stella Adler Studio that she decided to become a yoga instructor. Aditi even earned a certificate to become a professional trainer during that time.
Then, Aditi Shah joined the Peloton community in 2018. She now has more than 600 on-demand yoga classes on this platform.
Why Should You Join Aditi Shah’s Classes?
There are many choices for Peloton classes, but why should you go for Aditi Shah’s?
- Her voice is a great tool that motivates and keeps you focused. It’s soft enough to fit the yoga atmosphere but direct enough to deliver explicit instruction.
- Her energy is also a form of motivation. The instructor even described her as a “wild kid” when she was little. Yet, she can combine her energy and calmness to establish a harmonious yet refreshing vibe during her class.
- You can also feel her dedication in every class. With each piece of music she plays when teaching, she tries to match her outfit and makeup style that way.
You can select from a long list of her classes depending on your timetable and requirement. Here are some of the most chosen classes:
- Yoga: Focus Flow, Slow Flow, Morning Power Flow, Restorative, API Heritage Yoga Flow, Chair Yoga
- Meditation: Morning Meditation, Happiness Meditation, Mental Health Meditation, Calming Meditation
Music is a part of your workout because it lifts your mood. How can Aditi Shah inspire her classes with music? Please try this playlist on your mat to discover:
Overview of Aditi Shah’s Classes
The instructor now has 647 yoga classes and 433 meditation classes on the Peloton platform. Her lessons vary in length, type, and music, giving you more options.
Aditi Shah offers different lengths for her classes, depending on the lesson. Most of her yoga classes last for 20 to 30 minutes, while her meditation classes need much less time, about 5 to 10 minutes per class.
- 5-min (19 yoga classes and 112 meditation classes)
- 10-min (87 yoga classes and 269 meditation classes)
- 15-min (15 yoga classes and 20 meditation classes)
- 20-min (152 yoga classes and 27 meditation classes)
- 30-min (279 yoga classes and 32 meditation classes)
- 45-min (78 yoga classes)
- 60-min (14 yoga classes)
- 75-min (3 yoga classes)
Yoga lessons: Aditi Shah focuses on Flow lessons when practicing yoga. You can also choose other practices from the following list:
- Flow (335 classes)
- Focus Flow (129 classes)
- Theme (48 classes)
- Slow Flow (49 classes)
- Restoration (42 classes)
- Yoga Basics (19 classes)
- Beyond the Pose (1 class)
- Yoga Anywhere (24 classes)
Meditation lessons: People who need meditation often want to promote their mindfulness and control their emotions. Aditi Shah also offers other meditation lessons for all aspects of your mind, including:
- Mindfulness (126 classes)
- Relax & Sleep (73 classes)
- Fitness Focus (19 classes)
- Emotions (102 classes)
- Beyond the Pose (1classes)
- Breathwork (7 classes)
- Meditation Basics (16 classes)
- Meditation Anywhere (5 classes)
- Zen in Ten (24 classes)
- Audio Only (60 classes)
Aditi Shah presents her lessons in English. You can also check the English subtitles if you are not confident about this language.
Besides, the instructor also has seven yoga classes and three meditation classes with German substitutes. So, do not worry if you only know German and love her training styles.
While meditation needs silence, yoga may involve music as a part of the motivation. So, Aditi Shah tries to use music in some of her yoga classes. Her favorite choices are:
- Alternative (57 classes)
- Electronic (49 class)
- Latin (1 classes)
- Hip Hop (4 classes)
- Pop (85 classes)
- R&B (7 classes)
- Rock (1 class)
Aditi Shah And Yoga At Peloton
What does Aditi Shah think about yoga?
To Aditi Shah, yoga is not only a practice but also a sport, a science, and a way of life. She has done a lot of things in her teaching career, such as:
- Making a unique playlist that can fit each of her classes
- Working on her skills while training others
- Building her own brand
- Developing connections with the community
- Accessing more people
As you can see, the yoga influencer doesn’t see this practice as a job but as her life. She has for herself a mission that changes people’s thoughts about yoga.
How has Aditi Shah influenced the yoga community?
When practicing yoga, you are working with your body and mind. Hence, it’s a great way to control your emotion and attitude.
With that thought in mind, Aditi Shah has encouraged thousands of people to start and include yoga as a part of their life. Moreover, Peloton gives her a chance to connect to more people, conveying this meaningful message.
Aditi Shah’s advice on your yoga journey
Yoga is not an easy journey. If doing yoga as a routine is hard, try Aditi Shah’s tips.
Slowing things at first and developing them later can help release your burden. For example, in the first stage, a harsh routine may make you exhausted. So why don’t you start with an easy schedule?
Aditi Shah advises beginners to practice three days a week. Then, once they’re confident, progress to five, six, and finally seven days.
The key to this method is to simplify the new habit for you. Thanks to the gradual adaptation, you can stick to it longer and have a stronger commitment to it.
Turning yoga into a habit is much easier if you stick it to another habit. For example, if you like to take a walk after dinner, set your yoga lesson after that.
Aditi Shah As A TRAIN PUMA Global Ambassador
In March 2022, TRAIN PUMA officially announced Aditi Shah as its global ambassador because the brand has appreciated her mindfulness and influence in the yoga industry. In addition, her model background is also a big plus.
The Peloton instructor will support the band by promoting their outfit collection for yoga practice. Besides, she needs to convey the positive message that the brand implies in its products.
You can also find her on the “She Moves Us” platform. This campaign collects inspiring stories about powerful women and their journey to become the best version of themselves.
Interesting Facts About Aditi Shah
There are some aspects of her life that you will find interesting. Let’s check a few that we have found out from her interviews.
- Aditi Shad hasn’t confirmed her age. People guess that she may be in her early thirties.
- Her first job was a model for many brands, such as Grazia, Vogue, and Maxim.
- There are more than 146 thousand users following her on Instagram.
- She is building her startup company and working as a digital marketing consultant.
- The Peloton audition was so impressive to her that she can still remember what she wore that day.
- Peloton has her as their first meditation trainer.
Aditi Shah’s Famous Quotes
Peloton quoted Aditi Shah’s statement on their official Twitter account and received a lot of reactions:
If you are or will be a part of the Peloton community, do not miss Aditi Shah’s classes. She will give you a new definition of yoga and interest you in this practice.
So what are you waiting for? Sign in to your Peloton account and search for her name. And, welcome to a mind-soothing world!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How old is Aditi Shah?
The Peloton instructor hasn’t mentioned her age, but we can guess she may be in her early thirties.
2. What is Aditi Shah’s diet?
As a yoga instructor, Aditi follows a healthy diet. She likes to include vegetables and protein supplements in her meals.
3. Is Aditi Shah married?
No. She is engaged to her boyfriend, Lawrence Anthony Peccatiello. They planned a wedding in 2021 but had to delay it due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
4. How much does Aditi Shah get paid as a Peloton instructor?
Although Peloton does not publish salaries, some people reveal that Peloton instructors earn between $500 and $750 per class. An instructor who delivers 10 to 15 lessons per week could make up to $585,000 per year. So, Aditi’s salary may be in that range.